Go Back   Rotorway Owners Group > Rotorway Owners Forums - All registered users > RotorX Owners Forum

RotorX Owners Forum Intended for discussions of owning, flying and building of RotorX helicopters. Moderators: Ron Curry

Old March18th, 2024
User

Michael Daniel is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: RotorX website is down

Eric,
lol...
Speaking of the R-22. When I got my rotary add-on, the flight school required us to take the two day Robinson course at the factory. They have quite an operation. Maybe Advance Tactics will purchase Rotorway at a fire sale price and start with a clean sheet of paper then copy Robinson's manufacturing process.

I used to own and fly a Helicycle. Great ship. Unfortunately, as a single place I got bored flying by myself.
Old March18th, 2024
Active User

Eric Anderson is an unknown quantity at this point

I was planning to fly by myself anyway. So that would have been fine. I saw on the builder's thread that a helicycle was available in PA. I'd be interested except that I can't do mx on something I didn't build.
Old March18th, 2024
Inner Circle Donating Member

john bell is on a distinguished road

My understanding of this MOSAIC rule is that it might make our ships a light sport aircraft and so we could get a light sport repairman's cert for them. Am I misunderstanding this?
Old March18th, 2024
Active User

Tim Morris is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by john bell View Post
My understanding of this MOSAIC rule is that it might make our ships a light sport aircraft and so we could get a light sport repairman's cert for them. Am I misunderstanding this?
I dont believe so. NRPM reads: "The FAA proposes to amend part 61, subpart J, to allow sport pilots to operate certain simple-to-fly helicopters. Specifically, the FAA proposes to permit sport pilots to operate new helicopters certificated under the proposed § 21.190 that include the simplified flight control designation. First, the FAA is proposing a limitation in § 61.316(a)(9) that would limit the kinds of helicopters that sport pilots may operate to those helicopters that have been certificated with a simplified flight controls design and designation." Rotorways do not have simplified flight controls.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Lifetime

homer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to behold

RW controls are pretty simple, what does simplified controls really mean? Are they talking gyro copter?
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Active User

Eric Anderson is an unknown quantity at this point

Fly by wire, I believe. And only an experienced helicopter pilot would say that the controls are simple.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Active User

Tim Morris is on a distinguished road

I just tried re-reading the darn thing. The Simplified Flight controls restriction is for existing sport pilots to fly helicopters. Simplified flight controls mean controls that stabilize the aircraft to allow someone to fly it easily.

As far as the maintenance side, I don't read anything that would allow owner inspection of an aircraft they didn't build.

The MOSAIC is huge and not easy to read. I think it is one of those regulations we will find out whats in it once it is published!
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Inner Circle Donating Member

john bell is on a distinguished road

Yeah it’s a government document so no way it could be simple to read! I’m no expert but I thought there were some LSA maintenance tickets one could obtain which would allow maintenance work on light sport aircraft. I’m no expert, but I remember seeing a course out there for that. I’m sure it doesn’t allow much though. I need to check it for the details.