Go Back   Rotorway Owners Group > Rotorway Owners Forums - All registered users > RotorX Owners Forum

RotorX Owners Forum Intended for discussions of owning, flying and building of RotorX helicopters. Moderators: Ron Curry

Old June23rd, 2023
New User

Nicholas Bachert is an unknown quantity at this point
Other RotorX forum

Does anyone know who or how to get in contact with the moderators of the other forum and or if it’s up and still operating? Thanks

Nick
Old July9th, 2023
Active User

Eric Anderson is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Other RotorX forum

Nicholas, too my knowledge this is the only thing really active. I don't know why it's been so slow for the past year. There is another forum that I am signed up for but honestly it is so inactive that I forgot the name. The Rotorway Builders Facebook group is quite active.
Old July10th, 2023
Donating Member

Sam Oliver is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not familiar with any other rotorway "forum" in the original sense of the word. There was a group that got together and formed a "group" within the group.io messaging framework. It rose and died within about a six month period. It was hard to have a group to discuss building a RotorX when there was nothing to discuss. It died a natural death.
Facebook has 3 or 4 different rotorway focused pages that I'm aware of. Rotorway builders pager
rotorway builders group
rotorway owners club
rotorway owners social page
And a general search of rotorway will show up a bunch of other stuff as well.

Facebook is a horrible format for archiving and keeping historical information. But that's about it as far as I'm aware of.
The company doesn't sponsor or host any kind of forum.

Sam
Old July10th, 2023
Active User

Eric Anderson is an unknown quantity at this point

I disagree that there nothing to discuss. There is a BUNCH of stuff to discuss. I would kill for a proper builder’s network, one well away from Facebook for reasons you stated. This should be the place but somehow it doesn’t seem like new builders are all that keen to talk about challenges. It’s a mystery.
Old July10th, 2023
Donating Member

Sam Oliver is an unknown quantity at this point

Nothing to discuss was tongue and cheek. What I meant, As far as I know there are no complete RotorX kits that have been shipped yet, so it's not really much to talk about. No kits, no building going on. A flurry of activity over body panels but crickets since then. Did you ever receive the remainder of your group 2? Any substantial portion of Group 3? Don Shaw invited me to the factory to see all the good works going on. Unfortunately I cannot make it. No traveling for me with other commitments for the foreseeable future. Will you be at Oshkosh this year? Maybe they will have a public update on when they expect to start catching up.

As far as I know, the only building going on is people still working on older kits that have been under construction for years. Talons, 162s and even older. And restorations of old ships, if they can find parts. The facebook page is owned and moderated by people trying to make a living restoring and maintaining other peoples completed projects. If it wasn't for them making their own post those pages would have dried up as well.

As far as best spot to hold the info, this would be it technically. But current builders can't even get on the site without waiting weeks even if they are willing to pay, then they find there is no current information. It's really weird. If I ever start back up building I'll do what I was before. Post questions and my lessons learned on both this forum and whichever facebook page seems to being drawing the most responses that week.
Good luck with your project
Sam
Old July11th, 2023
Lifetime

homer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to behold

Sam, did you get your refund? Did you read the post from Ron ?

As far as best spot to hold the info, this would be it technically. But current builders can't even get on the site without waiting weeks even if they are willing to pay, then they find there is no current information. It's really weird. If I ever start back up building I'll do what I was before. Post questions and my lessons learned on both this forum and whichever facebook page seems to being drawing the most responses that week.

He explained why you didn’t get on, and it was taken care of I believe. And I’m not sure what you mean by “ no current information “.
Old November14th, 2023
User

Alex Minassian is an unknown quantity at this point

I have my RotorX serial 3 finished and waiting for the last shipment. It does not look good. Don offered to buy my kit in June but asked me to assemble the panels, which was not a big deal but I was in NY for the summer and chopper was in Florida hanger. Of course without an engine I just have a sculpture.
Old November15th, 2023
Lifetime

homer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to behold

My original post was lost so the short version would be buy a 162F wreck or a 162F kit that’s still in the boxes and just change all the wiring harness over to 162F and get the machine in the air then if you get everything from Shaw later, you can change it back over and sell the parts you don’t need.
You can many times buy wrecks for pennies on the dollar that would have everything you need to change over to 162F wiring and engine even. Also, there are several 162F laying around in the shipping boxes that have never been touched that can be bought for a third of what the Talon kits that were being sold for.
Old November15th, 2023
Lifetime

The people that only have part of the kit are in a different boat I understand. But there are options other than selling what you have at a big loss. If you still want a helicopter it can be done still cheaper than some other options.