Go Back   Rotorway Owners Group > Other Forums and ROG Information - All registered users > R.O.G. Rules, Etiquette, Info

R.O.G. Rules, Etiquette, Info REQUIRED READING - Rules and Etiquette

Closed Thread

Old April10th, 2008
Administrator

Ron Curry is a name known to allRon Curry is a name known to allRon Curry is a name known to allRon Curry is a name known to allRon Curry is a name known to allRon Curry is a name known to all
Posting Complaints/ROG Policy

There are occasionally complaints about postings. In my almost 10 years of running this forum, I can assure you it is a normal occurance to occasionally have some less pleasurable posts from various individuals. Here on ROG we strive to have a friendly environment but one that tolerates differing opinions and healthy debate. ROG policy to ensure we stay on that track is one of escalating enforcement. This means we tend to take a hands off approach at first, then escalate to polite requests to the individuals involved, then if the behavior continues or get's worse we escalate to enforcement action which can range from public requests to cease the activity to temporary access restrictions to permanent access restrictions (for the most egregious cases). In all cases we work to exercise restraint so as to not make the ROG environment too strict.

After ten years of running ROG I have tried nearly all different methods including being very strict and being completely hands off. We have found the above policy is the best compromise and seems to work the best.

How you can help!

1. Use the "reputation" link (it's the small hourglass in the upper right corner of each post )to leave either postive comments for exceptionally good posts or negative comments for exceptionally bad posts. The comments are anonymous and even I, the administrator cannot see who posts the comments because that information is not recorded. Use this feature with good judgment and fairness. This has impact on the users "REP Power" and also the number of green bars (can turn to red if a lot of negative comments are received). Users get the message if they loose a lot of REP power form particularly negative posts.

2. Report posts which violate ROG rules. Although we try to monitor all posting we all have vacations, business, family matters, etc. that cause us to miss some from time to time.

3. Don't be shy to speak up and tell posters what the rules are and ask them to conform. After all, you "live" here also and you can help keep things friendly as well with a little peer pressure.

Thanks to those who speak up and made your dissatisfaction known to myself and the moderator staff when nastiness occurs. Your help is appreciated.

Regards,
Attached Images
File Type: gif reputation.gif (1.1 KB, 217 views)