Go Back   Rotorway Owners Group > Other Forums and ROG Information - All registered users > News

News Admin only access

Old September27th, 2011
Administrator

Ron Curry is a name known to allRon Curry is a name known to allRon Curry is a name known to allRon Curry is a name known to allRon Curry is a name known to allRon Curry is a name known to all
Update - Sept. 27, 2011

Hello ROG Users!
Didn't make it to Homers this year but I talked with him. As with his fly-in it's getter harder and harder to justify keeping ROG going. Donations are down and impatient complaints are up - a bit discouraging. I even had someone file a complaint with Paypal because they donated and didn't get upgraded to Member status due to a software glitch we've been having. He claimed he contacted me prior but I didn't see an email from him until AFTER he filed a dispute with Paypal. Anyhow, we don't make a profit on this thing and I don't need these types of headaches. Last year I made about $4/hour maintaining ROG. This year I doubt if it will be $2. So ROG obviously has no meaningful contribution to my income and therefore it's simply a labor of love - nothing more.

Most you have been associated with me for years now and know that my attitude is that it's not worth $50 or $100 to me to damage my reputation by taking your money and not giving you access. I just would never knowingly do that. Those that know me also know that once I'm made aware of a situation I take care of it right away. So, from here on out, I re-affirm my committment to you, ROG users that I will never knowingly take your money without giving you access and that if you are having a problem you need to contact me directly using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of every ROG page and you may need to be a little patient because I'm often traveling and without Internet access these days. With my committment however, I feel justified in promising to anyone who files a complaint with Paypal that you will get your money back (you would have gotten it back anyway) and you will also be banned from ROG forever.

Lastly, I believe in market feedback and declining donations means that either we aren't providing enough value for people to donate a few bucks or there just aren't enough Rotorway customers these days building Rotorways so the available market is shrinking. Based on discussions with those in the know, I believe it's mostly the latter. As well, Rotorway vendors aren't willing to pay for advertising (in fact, most aren't even willing to donate and become a member of ROG despite the fact that many have gotten a significant amount of biz through ROG) so we can't go that route either.

All is not lost though, I'm not to the point throwing in the towel but like you I need to spend my time where the ROI is highest and the ROI has always been bad on Rotorway stuff and it's getting worse. So, fundamentally, if you want to keep ROG around you need to contribute either through information that other's can use or though monetary donation. For my part I and the moderators will only be supporting those who contribute in one of the above ways and those who cause us trouble will be asked or forced to leave.

Yes, I know, I'm being a hardass. Don't like being that way these days. It just doesn't feel good. I've become somewhat conflict adverse in recent years but the complaint to Paypal was kind of the straw that broke the camel's back and a "come to Jesus" speech was due.

Please keep on using ROG if you find value in it and if you do, please support us. Lastly, if you have a complaint then sock it to me (in an kind way and privately) but give me time to respond. That's all I ask.

All the best to those who support ROG and please fly safe.

Ron