Go Back   Rotorway Owners Group > Rotorway Owners Forums - All registered users > RotorX Owners Forum

RotorX Owners Forum Intended for discussions of owning, flying and building of RotorX helicopters. Moderators: Ron Curry

Old April20th, 2021
Active User

Brad Lenart is on a distinguished road
Batterys!

I'm really interested in which battery people are useing these days for the 162F- Or exec 90. Back when I was flying my beautiful yellow 162f- the battery always seemed to lag and I'd have to recharge it during cold days etc. What is the cheapest/ best battery to install in my new 162f? now?? Homer recently told me there was a good one by Napa but I couldn't find it with the #####'s I had- Anyone have information about that (Homer)? - thanks in advance and please be specific please. Many thanks : )
Old April22nd, 2021
Active User

Clark Richter is a jewel in the roughClark Richter is a jewel in the roughClark Richter is a jewel in the roughClark Richter is a jewel in the rough
Re: Batterys!

Hi Brad,

I am running the ETX18L from Deka. Good AGM battery. I keep it mine on a battery minder when not flying as these AGM batteries will never reach full charge with our stock alternator / regulator design.

There is a lot of detail about batteries in the archives here on ROG. I would suggest you do a search read the detail and then make your own decision about what would be best for you.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Deka-Sports-Power-AGM-Flyer-0278.pdf (730.8 KB, 30 views)
Old April22nd, 2021
Lifetime

homer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to behold

NAPA Legend ETX30 I think it is . Even have one in my 44, cranks the 540 just fine. Should be about $150. or so at NAPA.
Old May16th, 2021
Active User

Thanks guys for your input- Much Appreciated
Old July10th, 2021
Active User

Hi Clark Ricter- i am still searching for batterys but your post is confusing. You said you are using EXT18L but is the download you provided me says there is no EXT 18 L... SO what is the make and the model of the batter you you are using in a 162f- and do you like it? I also contacted Napa and they said they don't have the make and model Homer suggested- thanks in advance
Old July10th, 2021
Active User

Well, I found ETX 30 but they have different versions and not sure which one os best- thanks in advance
Old July10th, 2021
Active User

Etx30l ? Etx30r?
Old July10th, 2021
Active User

PLUS- THE NAPA ETX30L IS only $49.99 so somthing is not right. Just looking for the best cranking poer for my 162F - I don't care what i have to spend- thanks
Old July10th, 2021
Active User

Clark Richter is a jewel in the roughClark Richter is a jewel in the roughClark Richter is a jewel in the roughClark Richter is a jewel in the rough

Brad,

Here you go. Call Deka directly. Ask them who the distributor is in your area if you dont have Amazon Prime.

https://www.amazon.com/Deka-ETX18L-P...s%2C462&sr=8-2
Old July11th, 2021
Lifetime

homer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to behold

Brad the one we use is the one for Harley’s. Get the one with the highest rating and posts that will work for you. The good one is going to be over $100. for sure,