Go Back   Rotorway Owners Group > Rotorway Owners Forums - All registered users > RotorX Owners Forum

RotorX Owners Forum Intended for discussions of owning, flying and building of RotorX helicopters. Moderators: Ron Curry

Old July13th, 2023
New User

David Gardner is an unknown quantity at this point
High altitude landing with Rotor X A600 (180HP)

I am looking at purchasing a new Rotor X A600 Turbo Phoenix (180 HP) kit. I live in Utah and would like to land it at higher elevations in the mountains here.

I was wondering how high of a density altitude I can land with just pilot and fuel? Does anyone have any experience landing the newest turbo charged model at higher elevations? What has been your experience with this?
Old July14th, 2023
Active User

Eric Anderson is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: High altitude landing with Rotor X A600 (180HP)

Hi David. The engine is still rather early in its test phase. Mark Peterson has flown it and posted a short preliminary report on a FaceBook page. This was in AL a couple of weeks ago. To be honest I think it will be quite some time before you have access to accurate high DA performance data. The current engine seems to do OK. If you’ve watched the videos from the recent MT fly-in, the performance looked more than adequate. The new engine will likely produce at least 30 more HP.
Old July14th, 2023
New User

Ok great thanks. I'll check out the videos.

I'd like to talk to Mark Peterson if someone could pass my phone number on to him. 435-313-6283.
Old July17th, 2023
Active User

Eric Anderson is an unknown quantity at this point

I don’t have his contact info. But you might find the “Rotorway…” sub-channel more responsive than this, the “RotorX…” sub-channel. Most users don’t look here for new posts. You might also get a faster response from Mark on the “Rotorway Builders” Facebook group.
Old July17th, 2023
New User

Ok great thanks! I'll try that.

Tags
high altitude landing