Go Back   Rotorway Owners Group > Rotorway Owners Forums - All registered users > RotorX Owners Forum

RotorX Owners Forum Intended for discussions of owning, flying and building of RotorX helicopters. Moderators: Ron Curry

Old November6th, 2022
User

Justin Lewis is an unknown quantity at this point
Windshield installation

Well, I've started the process of installing the windshield. I'm not sure how long it will take since the weather is sometimes too cold to safely handle the plexiglass but I'm moving along when I can.

Today, I ran into my first fitting problem. So far, all my body panels are basically symmetrical which took some work but nothing epic once I figured out the process. For this reason, I was surprised that the windshield didn't fit nicely along the top edge. What I figured out is that the upper forward body panel is 1/2 inch longer on the left side as compared to the right side panel. Once I figured that out, it all made sense so now I have to decide how to fix this. I'll probably add material to the right panel but I'm posting this in case there's some experience with this.

Pictures attached
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Compress_20221107_000357_7073.jpg (149.0 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg Compress_20221107_000356_6882.jpg (69.1 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg Compress_20221107_000356_6963.jpg (27.6 KB, 27 views)
Old November7th, 2022
Lifetime

homer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to behold
Re: Windshield installation

I usually trim the windscreen to fit the panels on the top, but that’s me.
Old November7th, 2022
Active User

Clark Richter is a jewel in the roughClark Richter is a jewel in the roughClark Richter is a jewel in the roughClark Richter is a jewel in the rough
Re: Windshield installation

Justin, Just sent you a PM.