Go Back   Rotorway Owners Group > Rotorway Owners Forums - All registered users > RotorX Owners Forum

RotorX Owners Forum Intended for discussions of owning, flying and building of RotorX helicopters. Moderators: Ron Curry

Old June2nd, 2022
Active User

Eric Anderson is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Reaching Out to New Builders Like Myself

I had a similar experience. They sent all of P1 except for the tailboom. They shipped that 3 weeks later at their expense. I’m happy for you, Keith! It’s been a blast so far.
Old June2nd, 2022
Donating Member

Sam Oliver is an unknown quantity at this point

It's distressing to be reminded of how far behind they are. Since I have not heard a peep from them since I ordered my kit several months ago, I reached out to them this morning asking for a little of the "constant communication" they have in their sales contract to see if they are willing to say how far behind they are.
I wished I would have recorded the phone conversations I had with them, or done all the questions via email before I put down the hefty half price deposit.
Contractually, there isn't much any of us can do if this Covid/Putin/Supply Chain whatever crisis overwhelms RotorX.

I'm glad at least somebody can start to work on their's.

Good Luck
Sam
Old June2nd, 2022
Active User

I’m sorry you are going through that. They were definitely late in my case, but the communication was decent.
Old June18th, 2022
Inner Circle Donating Member

Keith Baker is an unknown quantity at this point

I received group one yesterday. Just shy of 9 months, the wait is finally over.
Old June19th, 2022
Active User

That’s greats news. I am waiting for word on Phase 2. Been trying to get a response for a couple if weeks now. (I think I jinxed it above.)
Old September4th, 2022
New User

Javier Izquierdo is an unknown quantity at this point

Good evening all. I put my deposit down in early Nov of last year and received my group 1, including tail boom, last week. A couple of questions
First, my kit arrived with the straight landing gear. The prints in my documentation kit are correct but the construction manual and build video are for the old landing gear. Mounting the gear to the airframe looks straightforward but wanted to ask if the fore and aft mounting distances on the skids are the same as for the old landing gear.
Second, the build video makes a point of saying to make sure the skid with the insert is on the right. On mine they both have an insert and look the same. I assume this is just a simplification RW made for SC reasons.

One other question. Is this even the right forum to ask questions like this or should I reach out directly to RW?

I am building my kit at our place near Navasota, Texas, about an hour north of Houston.

Thanks!

Javier
Old September5th, 2022
Active User

You should reach out to RotorX because they are very responsive. They will tell you what they told me: “Sorry, we are in the process of updating the builder’s manual and the skids are now identical.” Confirm that with them before drilling but that’s the answer (that BETTER be the answer!”
Old September5th, 2022
New User

Will do and will let you know if the answer is different I’m sure it will not be.

Thanks Eric!

Javier
Old September5th, 2022
Lifetime

homer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to behold

Nothing wrong with asking questions on this forum, many times this is the only place that you’ll get an answer on the weekend with many people are doing their build anyway.

Remember there can be more than one right answer sometimes certain things can be a matter of preference.

One thing I’ve mentioned lately is,
, Don’t remove bolts from the cards they came on until your ready to build that particular area.
Old September5th, 2022
Donating Member

I might add that if not already a member, the rotorway owners social page on Facebook is a reasonable source. So few active builders and even less RotorX builders for obvious reasons. As more kits ship maybe there will be some more active builders sharing information. Good luck. I’m in Killeen so not so far from Navasota. But I may be too old to build or broke before my kit starts arriving.
Old September5th, 2022
New User

Thanks Homer, I appreciate any and all advice!

Sam, I was in the same place as you for many months and was considering asking for my deposit back. I got reenergized at Oshkosh when Jim Hardy took me flying in his ship. Thanks Jim!!
It appears they are running 9 - 10 months from deposit to first delivery, but based on feedback at Oshkosh they are working hard to pull that in. Hopefully you will receive your group 1 soon. Good to hear that someone else in central Texas will be building one! Let’s keep in touch.
Old September15th, 2022
User

Kenneth Page is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier Izquierdo View Post
Good evening all. I put my deposit down in early Nov of last year and received my group 1, including tail boom, last week. A couple of questions
First, my kit arrived with the straight landing gear. The prints in my documentation kit are correct but the construction manual and build video are for the old landing gear. Mounting the gear to the airframe looks straightforward but wanted to ask if the fore and aft mounting distances on the skids are the same as for the old landing gear.
Second, the build video makes a point of saying to make sure the skid with the insert is on the right. On mine they both have an insert and look the same. I assume this is just a simplification RW made for SC reasons.

One other question. Is this even the right forum to ask questions like this or should I reach out directly to RW?

I am building my kit at our place near Navasota, Texas, about an hour north of Houston.

Thanks!

Javier
Javier,

I am just down 105 from you in Montgomery in Lake Conroe. I have a turbo Talon that is currently in FL at Bob's, but I hope to have in in TX sometime in October, fingers crossed. We should get together and compare notes etc.

Tripp Page
936-494-5596
Old November25th, 2022
Donating Member

Received my group 1 (most of it anyway) finally last week. Just over 9 months. Timing couldn't be worse. Hopefully I'll have time to at least inventory it in the next couple of weeks but it coming late set me on my heels with the other commitments in my life. Probably won't get seriously on it until late December.

P.S. If you haven't already looked at the groups.io forum that has started I wish you would. In the long term it will be such a better platform than this unmonitored forum. If you are not aware, it started due to the frustration of new RotorX customers not being able to get on this forum. Check it out. It's growing.
https://rotorwayforum.com/g/main
Old March24th, 2023
Donating Member

Well it's been 17 months since this thread started. Looking back, looks like about 4-5 new builders chimed in.

Just wondering how everybody is coming along. In my case it is 14 months since I purchased. #28. My group one is still not all here. But what has arrived is completed. My group 2 first crate arrived a couple weeks ago. Short an awful lot but enough to get started. I just finished splitting the tub and this weekend hoping to have some help over to start fitting all the body panels, No windshield, and no rotor drive shaft yet, and no word on when I might receive any of the rest of group 2.

Anybody have all the way through group 3 yet?

Good luck wherever you are in the journey.

Sam
Old March24th, 2023
Active User

A friend who I don’t believe frequents this forum is probably about halfway through G3. Reading between the lines here at Bob’s Gathering, I’d say that we are all at 9 months from the new motor. So probably it is best not to get too stressed on rushing the earlier steps.