Go Back   Rotorway Owners Group > Rotorway Owners Forums - All registered users > RotorX Owners Forum

RotorX Owners Forum Intended for discussions of owning, flying and building of RotorX helicopters. Moderators: Ron Curry

Old October21st, 2021
Active User

Eric Anderson is an unknown quantity at this point
Reaching Out to New Builders Like Myself

This forum is awesome. The knowledge freely offered here can save time, money, even a life. For a new or perspective Rotorx owner it can also be daunting. Nearly all the regulars who frequently post are experienced owners and builders, some of whom have been involved with Rotorways, in one form or another, since the ‘80s. I have to believe that there are other people like myself who are just getting a start. In my case the “start” has up to this point only meant that I’ve put money on the table and have spent hours and hours watching build videos. Am I the only Talon purchaser since Rotorway became Rotorx? I doubt it. So if you are new to this adventure, why not help a lonely fellow traveler out and say “hello” here?

Eric Anderson
When the kit arrives I will be building at Blairstown, NJ (1N7)
Old October22nd, 2021
Lifetime

Orv Neisingh is a splendid one to beholdOrv Neisingh is a splendid one to beholdOrv Neisingh is a splendid one to beholdOrv Neisingh is a splendid one to beholdOrv Neisingh is a splendid one to beholdOrv Neisingh is a splendid one to beholdOrv Neisingh is a splendid one to beholdOrv Neisingh is a splendid one to behold
Re: Reaching Out to New Builders Like Myself

Congratulations Eric, there are many of us who are experienced builders and flyers of the Rotorway helicopter line. I am currently building an A600 Talon and a 162F for clients so when you do get your kit feel free to ask any questions that you have here on this forum and you will get lots of help and opinions. The build plans are pretty good but there are easier ways to do some of the tasks so I encourage you to utilize the vast amount of knowledge that is available on this and other forums.
[url]http://www.flywithorv.com[/url]
Cell 417-464-9999
Home 417-255-2203
Old October23rd, 2021
Lifetime

homer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to behold

Smartest thing you could do right now is come down to the gathering in Fla. next week. What you could learn here will be invaluable during and after your build. Several owners are here already. Stu has a ship under construction that you can observe and maybe even help a little with.
I plan to do a little balance work on a new set of blades Bob has. Watching that could be very helpful to you later.
Old October23rd, 2021
Active User

Orv, I’ve read everything on your website twice. Thanks for all you’ve done already!

Homer, you are so right. But unfortunately work has gotten in the way.
Old October23rd, 2021
Active User

Clark Richter is a jewel in the roughClark Richter is a jewel in the roughClark Richter is a jewel in the roughClark Richter is a jewel in the rough

Eric,

Congrats to you and "Your Project". Orv is being too modest. Lots of good tips here too.

https://flywithorv.com/
Old October24th, 2021
User

Justin Lewis is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Eric,

I’m also a new builder hoping to get my kit in December. I’ll be heading to the gathering later this week so I hope to meet you there.

Justin
C up757-348-0384
Old October24th, 2021
Active User

Hi Justin. Unfortunately I can’t make it. Is your December delivery expectation based on anything you’ve been told by RotorX? I’ve not heard anything yet.
Old October28th, 2021
User

Justin Lewis is an unknown quantity at this point

Eric,

The contract is 4-6 months for the first kit delivery. That's Dec to Feb window for me. I called Stan to check up on the progress about a month ago expecting to hear of a delay just based on nearly all other businesses having production issues but I was glad to hear that things seemed to be going well.

Justin
Old October29th, 2021
Active User

Gotcha. I am in the same timeframe.
Old November25th, 2021
New User

Javier Izquierdo is an unknown quantity at this point

Good morning Eric, Justin, and others. I'm in the same boat Eric and Justin are in, albeit maybe lagging by a couple of months. I put my money down 1st week of Nov so expecting first shipment in the March time frame. I live near Navasota, Texas and will be fixing up an area in my shop for assembly over the Christmas break.
I fly a Piper Saratoga but have zero rotorcraft PIC time. I plan to start doing some training over the Christmas break, although my list of things to accomplish during the time away from work never seems to get completed. Prepping an assembly area in my shop will be a high priority though.
I do appreciate all of the helpful information on this forum and I expect it will make my project go much better!

I wish everyone a great Thanksgiving with their family and friends!

Javier
713-594-7620
Old November25th, 2021
Banned

David Chow is an unknown quantity at this point

Eric Justin Javier I glad I met you guys are oshkosh and talked extensively! I would encourage you to attend as many or all fly ins as possible and learn as much as you can. That what I did for years. I think I went to 4 by the time I started on my kit!

It's still educational. I always learn something new and it's always great
to see the extended rotary family. Welcome to the community!

You're also welcome to come visit KPUJ where i'm based. We can talk shop and fly around some. I'm working on my commercial and cfi and will soon be able to help with a rotary add-on.
Old November25th, 2021
Active User

Sorry I haven’t made a fly-in yet but grateful to have been at Oshkosh. You made the sale i my case, David. Thanks!
Old November25th, 2021
Lifetime

homer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to behold

Pick yourself up a couple of small belt sanders. Will be very good to have.
Old November28th, 2021
New User

Michael Baron is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone, I am new to the group and also put money down earlier this month on a new ship. I am just finishing up a Velocity XLRG so I am excited to start another project and start training for my Rotorcraft add on.
Old November29th, 2021
Active User

Wow Michael, that’s a real dedication to the art of building!