Go Back   Rotorway Owners Group > Rotorway Owners Forums - All registered users > RotorX Owners Forum

RotorX Owners Forum Intended for discussions of owning, flying and building of RotorX helicopters. Moderators: Ron Curry

Old October1st, 2022
User

Larry Gerek is an unknown quantity at this point
Headset

Does the RotorX use a helicopter plug for the headset? I assume it does, but would hate to buy one and find out otherwise. Thanks.
Old October1st, 2022
Lifetime

homer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to behold
Re: Headset

Every ship has the wiring done by the builder, so it could be either way. But I’ll say most are 2 plug. You can buy adapters that will go either way.
Old October1st, 2022
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer bell View Post
Every ship has the wiring done by the builder, so it could be either way. But I’ll say most are 2 plug. You can buy adapters that will go either way.
Thank you. The wiring harness is done by the factory now.
Old October2nd, 2022
Lifetime

homer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to behold

Yes, true for new kits, thought you were talking about older ships. I have a question, is the kit today include the radio and lights , or are those still options?
Old October2nd, 2022
User

Quote:
Yes, true for new kits, thought you were talking about older ships. I have a question, is the kit today include the radio and lights , or are those still options?
The LED package is an option, no radio.
Old October2nd, 2022
Lifetime

So you have a new kit? If so, have you looked at your wiring to see if it has the plugs for headsets, or does it come with the radio option? Or there is no longer a radio option ?
Old October2nd, 2022
User

Quote:
So you have a new kit? If so, have you looked at your wiring to see if it has the plugs for headsets, or does it come with the radio option? Or there is no longer a radio option ?
Homer, I have ordered a kit, but have not received any of it yet. I did not see a radio option.
Old October4th, 2022
Lifetime

Wonder if it’s now included in the base kit? Unless your shop is already full of all the tools you need, I’d hold off on a headset and buy tools instead.
Old October4th, 2022
User

Quote:
Wonder if it’s now included in the base kit? Unless your shop is already full of all the tools you need, I’d hold off on a headset and buy tools instead.
Good suggestion. Will do. Thank you.
Old October15th, 2022
Active User

Eric Anderson is an unknown quantity at this point

Homer, RotorX has not updated the build plans, manual or templates since the Talon. They’re “working on it” but for now, until we open the crate, we’re not entirely sure what to expect. As for the headset, I have a 2-prong Clarity Aloft that I use in both my Pitts and the Robies I’ve learned in. I am always vertically challenged so the less I have on top of my head, the more headroom I have. The helicopter adapter works great. So, for me, this arrangement will be fine initially, either way. But the Clarity is a horrible choice for passengers so once I learn which jack we have in the Phoenix, I’ll invest in a pair of more traditional headsets. But that’s a year or two down the road. For now, I too am taking Homer’s advice and investing in building as best as I can.