Go Back   Rotorway Owners Group > Rotorway Owners Forums - All registered users > RotorX Owners Forum

RotorX Owners Forum Intended for discussions of owning, flying and building of RotorX helicopters. Moderators: Ron Curry

Old February8th, 2022
Active User

Mark Peterson has much to be proud ofMark Peterson has much to be proud ofMark Peterson has much to be proud ofMark Peterson has much to be proud ofMark Peterson has much to be proud ofMark Peterson has much to be proud ofMark Peterson has much to be proud ofMark Peterson has much to be proud of
RotorX Aircraft A600 Phoenix Turbo Helicopter

Hello All,

I will have a YouTube Video available this morning (after10:30am CST 02/08/2022) that will briefly highlight the A600 Phoenix. This should help keep you guys excited while waiting on the arrival of your kits. In addition, the video will also include the actual demo flight just before the new owner purchased this helicopter.

We are flying out of my home airport. We had full fuel, new owner left seat 210 pounds, CFI right seat 180 pounds. Elevation 75 feet and temp was low 40's F.

Note: This helicopter kit was actually produced by RotorWay Helicopter Mfg. Co. in 2018/2019. But it is very close in almost all details of what the RotorX A600 Phoenix will look like and the performance. It does have the ASET governor installed.

We start the new owner's primary flight training within a few weeks. I will also include more videos as he progresses through the flight training. Home base for this helicopter will be in Michigan. The link is below.

Enjoy!

YouTube Link:
https://youtu.be/JbiAyA7UlEU

Mark Peterson, CFI R/H
Foley, AL
Old February8th, 2022
Active User

Eric Anderson is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: RotorX Aircraft A600 Phoenix Turbo Helicopter

Thanks for the video, Mark! That really did whet my appetite. Blue is my color of choice as well. Are there any differences worth mentioning during the build that differentiate the Phoenix from older A600s?
Old February9th, 2022
Active User

Tony Evans has a spectacular aura aboutTony Evans has a spectacular aura aboutTony Evans has a spectacular aura about

Mark, you're making me want a new helicopter!
Old February9th, 2022
Donating Member

Louis Morin is an unknown quantity at this point

Mark,

A very good video, it brought back some memories of my early flights with you. I think my area is a little more confined than yours. The governor is a nice feature to have.
Old July17th, 2023
New User

David Gardner is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mark. I would really like to talk to you about high altitude landing capabilities of the new A600 Phoenix (180 HP).

I'm interested in purchasing a new kit and would be in need of CFI training. Could you give me a call when you get a chance?

Thx, Dave
435-313-6283
Old February23rd, 2024
Active User

Eric Anderson is an unknown quantity at this point

Browsing through the forum and fondly remembered this one. Just over two years ago. Man how times have changed!