Go Back   Rotorway Owners Group > Other Forums and ROG Information - All registered users > News

News Admin only access

Old October31st, 2011
Administrator

Ron Curry is a name known to allRon Curry is a name known to allRon Curry is a name known to allRon Curry is a name known to allRon Curry is a name known to allRon Curry is a name known to all
Kind People - Forum Software update coming

Hi Folks,

Some of you may be aware that due to software updates by my web hosting company some bugs have been uncovered in the ROG software preventing folks from getting automatically upgraded after they donate. Didn't find out about it for months until someone finally brought to my attention. There was no way for me to know because you actually had to donate and then see that you didn't get upgraded. Anyhow, I sent an email out to everyone in case I missed upgrading anyone manually and now I'm doing all the upgrades manually - i.e. when I see a donation I go in and manually upgrade you. So PLEASE be patient - give me a couple of days - but if you don't get upgraded after a few days PLEASE drop me a note so I can fix it. As always, use the "CONTACT US" link at the bottom of every ROG page.

NEW NEWS: Because a few generous ROG users have donated lately I decided to sink the money back into the forum and have purchased the latest and greatest forum software. The current ROG software is a couple of years old and the new software has bug fixes as well as a large number of ease of use improvements. Because ROG has some customization it's not a simple upgrade and will likely take me a week or so to get it running properly. As always, the plan will be to get it up and running in parallel and then, once I'm sure it's working correctly, switch ROG over to it all at once. I expect to do this within the next few weeks.

As a result of the upgrade, ROG may look a bit different after I switch things over. Currently I'm using four different software packages from 3 different vendors and the new ROG software will be based on a single software package from a single vendor. Anyhow, when you login to ROG and it looks a bit different sometime over the next few weeks that's why. Shouldn't be any significant learning curve but if you have questions feel free to post it in the "Help" forum or, if no one replies there, drop me a note.

Thanks again to all the folks that continue to support ROG with donations. YOU are the primary reason ROG stays online.

As always, fly safe and have fun!

Ron