Go Back   Rotorway Owners Group > Rotorway Owners Forums - All registered users > RotorX Owners Forum

RotorX Owners Forum Intended for discussions of owning, flying and building of RotorX helicopters. Moderators: Ron Curry

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October10th, 2022
User

Justin Lewis is an unknown quantity at this point
Body Panel Fitting Issue

Hi all,

I'm in the midst of fitting the infamous body panels, and I'm a bit stuck. I understand the basic premise of loosely attaching everything to facilitate making repeated adjustments but I'm puzzled by how unsymmetrical the tub appears to be.

My problem originates by how the tub fits in relation to the aft struts. It's essentially. 75 inches offset to the right indicated by the gap to the rear struts AND/OR angled in a way the tub rear stiffener is touching part of the the left strut but forward of the right strut. It just doesn't make sense and there doesn't appear to be a way to acceptably angle the entire tub or move the seat to make it it all work. I'm not looking for perfection but it's so off center that I feel like something may be wrong.

I have measured everything I can think of to check for symmetry in the air frame and panels. What I found is that the tub appears to be skewed as shown in my whiteboard photo. I don't know if this is normal or somethings wrong. I'm confident that I can make it work in the long run with a fair amount of gringing, cutting and refiberglassing but it just seems unusual to have to do that much alteration.

I'm providing a few pictures and hopefully someone can give me a little advice here.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Resize_20221010_122339_9384.jpg (392.6 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg Resize_20221010_122534_4061.jpg (363.4 KB, 46 views)