View Single Post
Old February1st, 2004
Administrator

Ron Curry is a name known to allRon Curry is a name known to allRon Curry is a name known to allRon Curry is a name known to allRon Curry is a name known to allRon Curry is a name known to all
Are you an Online Knucklehead?

Rather than keep harping on being civil here on ROG, it occurred to me that perhaps some actually don't realize when they are being inciteful and obnoxious so I thought it might be useful to reprint this useful article from www.onlinenetiquette.com. I hope some of you find it informative. I will post each section in a seperate post for clarity

Best regards,

Ron

--------------------------------------
Are You an Online Knucklehead?

Common Courtesy, Social Graces, Socially Acceptable Behavior. These are all terms used in a civilized society where humans interact with one another. Cyberspace is not any different. How you will be perceived, the type of human being that you are or for that matter are not, your credibility, your levels of professionalism and ethics will be judged by how you communicate with others online.
To minimize the importance of established Netiquette Guidelines is to make a conscious decision to be thought of as rude, lazy, arrogant or uneducated. If you are online for commercial gain, lack of proper Netiquette may very well deter those who otherwise may have considered doing business with you.

Now, stop and read the above paragraph again. This is not a joke, this is not one person's opinion. This site is not in existence to call you names or make you feel bad. Quite the contrary. These are the issues you need to know about, skills you need to hone, to be considered someone people want to communicate with, because after all, this is about . . .

Just 10 Little Common Courtesies . . . (continued in the next post)