View Single Post
Old July10th, 2023
Donating Member

Sam Oliver is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Other RotorX forum

Nothing to discuss was tongue and cheek. What I meant, As far as I know there are no complete RotorX kits that have been shipped yet, so it's not really much to talk about. No kits, no building going on. A flurry of activity over body panels but crickets since then. Did you ever receive the remainder of your group 2? Any substantial portion of Group 3? Don Shaw invited me to the factory to see all the good works going on. Unfortunately I cannot make it. No traveling for me with other commitments for the foreseeable future. Will you be at Oshkosh this year? Maybe they will have a public update on when they expect to start catching up.

As far as I know, the only building going on is people still working on older kits that have been under construction for years. Talons, 162s and even older. And restorations of old ships, if they can find parts. The facebook page is owned and moderated by people trying to make a living restoring and maintaining other peoples completed projects. If it wasn't for them making their own post those pages would have dried up as well.

As far as best spot to hold the info, this would be it technically. But current builders can't even get on the site without waiting weeks even if they are willing to pay, then they find there is no current information. It's really weird. If I ever start back up building I'll do what I was before. Post questions and my lessons learned on both this forum and whichever facebook page seems to being drawing the most responses that week.
Good luck with your project
Sam