View Single Post
Old October31st, 2022
New User

Michael Baron is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Body Panel Fitting Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer bell View Post
If you can’t fix a fiberglass screwup, you’ll never finish the kit. Glas is easy to fix. When you start drilling holes in metal and you screw up, then you’ll have a more serious problem that can be harder to fix. That’s when your ability to forgive small errors and continue building will hit a wall. That’s when the kit will go up forsale, or you’ll call for help, or it will get pushed in a corner and sit for years and then go up forsale .

Perfectionist seldom finish these kits unless they accept help or are willing to let little things that don’t bother other people , go and continue. The way things look that have no affect on the safety of the machine, will need to be forgotten and progress needs to continue. Building a show machine can take decades. If that’s what you want to do, that’s fine, go for it. But I think most people bought the kit to fly not win trophies that can be bought for a few dollars at the store.

I made a living traveling around the country helping people finish ships for over 20 years. I seen nearly every reason why people don’t finish kits, so I can speak with some credibility on the subject. This thread brings back memories.
Homer do you still assist builders? Wondering if it would be a benefit to have you come out to assist with the body panels. BTW I did shoot you an email in regards to your throttle friction lock, do you still sell those?