View Single Post
Old October16th, 2022
Lifetime

homer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to beholdhomer bell is a splendid one to behold
Re: Body Panel Fitting Issue

Guys, i suspect the molds have changed some, I know the floor pan has, but it used to be that the battery box of old, had a lot to do with where the seats got located. With the battery now up front, that’s no longer a problem.
Collective stick location was something to consider too. Noel’s kit of several years ago may be a little different than today, I don’t know. But the fit on it between the seats and floor pan was terrible, especially on the right hand side.
One thing I can advise you is about where to drill holes in lips of the seats and floor pan. If you drill your holes to close to the corner, you’ll have trouble getting the nut plates to sit level, then the screws will then be at an angle.
If you happen to get too close to the edge, there are different nut plates you can buy that will help you fix the problem without having to get out your fiberglass resin. Search Wicks or Aircraft Spruce for all the different plates you can get.
Pay attention to the different kinds of rivets supplied with the kit, particularly counter sunk ones. Many people screw up putting done head steel rivet in the Duzs buttons springs. If you do that , you will see those heads show up in the outer panel years later. Only counter sunk aluminum rivets should be used there.