View Single Post
Old January2nd, 2022
Lifetime

Justin Travis has much to be proud ofJustin Travis has much to be proud ofJustin Travis has much to be proud ofJustin Travis has much to be proud ofJustin Travis has much to be proud ofJustin Travis has much to be proud ofJustin Travis has much to be proud ofJustin Travis has much to be proud of
Re: Rotorway ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Morris View Post
OK, So you are saying the Rotorway design is unsafe.

Unfortunately, we probably just frightened a potential Rotorway enthusiast away.
Been many years away from here and reading comprehension seems to be just as bad.

I am did not say it is 'unsafe'. I am saying it is the 'best' kit helicopter you can buy.

But 100% no if ands or buts should one confuse that it is as safe and reliable as a certified ship (no matter the build quality). PERIOD.

It is not, and anyone who would say otherwise is either mis-informed, or otherwise lying because perhaps it is in their best interest.

I have no dog in the fight. I stated that I built a Jet Exec, which in retrospect is even more unproven than the orignal RW kit. FAR more capable, but still some big issues.

In the end, I learned that the things that I would want out of a helicopter, I could not or should not really do so in an experimental.

Years back I wrote a very long post about what I felt a RW is and is not. What I came to feel, is that if the build portion is as important and enjoyable to you as the flying, then it might be a great consideration. However many people come into this thinking it is a less expensive way into flying helicopters. I contend that is NOT the case by any stretch. Especially when one accounts for their own time.

If I talked some guy out of a Rotorway because he wanted to fly in remote parts of Alaska over unforgiving terrain (I dont know actually) then I did a really good thing and perhaps saved him a lot or aggravation and maybe his life.

This place continues to be filled with people so in love with what they build that they are unable to be honest of what it is and what it is not. That is dangerous to me.

Good luck in anything you do. Fly safe.