View Single Post
Old January1st, 2022
Lifetime

Justin Travis has much to be proud ofJustin Travis has much to be proud ofJustin Travis has much to be proud ofJustin Travis has much to be proud ofJustin Travis has much to be proud ofJustin Travis has much to be proud ofJustin Travis has much to be proud ofJustin Travis has much to be proud of
Re: Rotorway ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Morris View Post
However, someone who builds it right and puts the time into building and maintaining it correctly will have an aircraft that is just as safe (if not more safe) as a certified aircraft. So IMO it's not that a Rotorway in less safe than a certified helicopter, it a function of the quality of the build.

This is so not true and will get people killed. I dont care if you put a team of engineers and every rotorway expert together to build a ship. It will never even come close to the safety and reliability of ANY certified helicopter.

Bryan, guys like Homer and Orv will tell you the honest truth of what a rotorway is and is not. Some other 'builders helpers' dont do this.

A rotorway is the best kit helo in my opinion, but it still should be treated MUCH differently than a certified ship. Had this discussion way too many times. The guys who think this are either lying (because perhaps they have something to gain from telling you this), or they just dont know any better and are dangerous for that reason.

For ref, Com CFI helo. Built a Jet Exec (which from my perspective now is even more unreliable than the stock RW) although far more capable if something does not break . Was part of the RW community for a bunch of years and had many friends with stock ships.

Have a safe 2022. Be careful. Pick the right ship for the mission.