Rotorway Owners Group

Rotorway Owners Group (http://www.rotorwayownersgroup.com/forums_c/index.php)
-   RotorX Owners Forum (http://www.rotorwayownersgroup.com/forums_c/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Headset (http://www.rotorwayownersgroup.com/forums_c/showthread.php?t=11287)

Larry Gerek October1st, 2022 07:48 AM

Headset

Does the RotorX use a helicopter plug for the headset? I assume it does, but would hate to buy one and find out otherwise. Thanks.

homer bell October1st, 2022 03:57 PM

Re: Headset

Every ship has the wiring done by the builder, so it could be either way. But I’ll say most are 2 plug. You can buy adapters that will go either way.

Larry Gerek October1st, 2022 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homer bell (Post 103824)
Every ship has the wiring done by the builder, so it could be either way. But I’ll say most are 2 plug. You can buy adapters that will go either way.

Thank you. The wiring harness is done by the factory now.

homer bell October2nd, 2022 04:07 AM

Yes, true for new kits, thought you were talking about older ships. I have a question, is the kit today include the radio and lights , or are those still options?

Larry Gerek October2nd, 2022 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homer bell (Post 103827)
Yes, true for new kits, thought you were talking about older ships. I have a question, is the kit today include the radio and lights , or are those still options?

The LED package is an option, no radio.

homer bell October2nd, 2022 04:44 PM

So you have a new kit? If so, have you looked at your wiring to see if it has the plugs for headsets, or does it come with the radio option? Or there is no longer a radio option ?

Larry Gerek October2nd, 2022 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homer bell (Post 103830)
So you have a new kit? If so, have you looked at your wiring to see if it has the plugs for headsets, or does it come with the radio option? Or there is no longer a radio option ?

Homer, I have ordered a kit, but have not received any of it yet. I did not see a radio option.

homer bell October4th, 2022 01:09 AM

Wonder if it’s now included in the base kit? Unless your shop is already full of all the tools you need, I’d hold off on a headset and buy tools instead.

Larry Gerek October4th, 2022 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homer bell (Post 103833)
Wonder if it’s now included in the base kit? Unless your shop is already full of all the tools you need, I’d hold off on a headset and buy tools instead.

Good suggestion. Will do. Thank you.

Eric Anderson October15th, 2022 07:08 PM

Homer, RotorX has not updated the build plans, manual or templates since the Talon. They’re “working on it” but for now, until we open the crate, we’re not entirely sure what to expect. As for the headset, I have a 2-prong Clarity Aloft that I use in both my Pitts and the Robies I’ve learned in. I am always vertically challenged so the less I have on top of my head, the more headroom I have. The helicopter adapter works great. So, for me, this arrangement will be fine initially, either way. But the Clarity is a horrible choice for passengers so once I learn which jack we have in the Phoenix, I’ll invest in a pair of more traditional headsets. But that’s a year or two down the road. For now, I too am taking Homer’s advice and investing in building as best as I can.